Get amped! We all have those certain tracks that always put us in the mood to crush life, no matter if we’re working out or just plain need motivation. Or, if you know me, those songs, as I put it, that (pardon my French) “make me run through a f*cking wall.” As a person who lifts a lot and runs even more, a good playlist is something that I rely on to get me going. Something most won’t know: I am a hip-hop lover (totally looks like it, right?)
In my case, 45…Maybe.
Anyway, my playlist goes from one extreme to the next. It’s so hard to limit this list to 17 jams but I am going to try my absolute best. Without further ado, in no particular order, here are some of my favorites that you will hear pumping through my Jaybirds (or see me losing it to, on a dance floor, when I actually go out, which is close to never).
- Machinehead – Bush. Bush was the first band I ever really go into. I remember being 12 years old when Sixteen Stone (IMO, one of the top albums I’ve ever heard) came out. I immediately loved every single song on the album but Machinehead was my favorite. Swallowed and Come Down don’t trail far behind. See you at the Stone Pony on 8/5!
- Go Girl – Pitbull ft. Trina. I really just can’t help myself. (Patiently waiting for the Puerto Rican jokes.)
- Harlem Shake – Baauer. Do I really need to get into detail on this one? I didn’t think so. Totally just did the Birdman in between writing this paragraph.
- All I Do Is Win – DJ Khaled. Okay, so some days I feel like “all I do is lose, lose, lose, no matter what” (dear, life), but this reminds me to turn my mindset right around. I would also be lying if I said this jam didn’t get me through my last ten minutes of burning out my shoulders and triceps on Saturday morning.
- Who Am I – Massiv (Victor Calderone remix). This is for my fellow Sound Factory/Tempts people: Straight energy! Once I have my certification complete, I have full intention on starting a once a week group fitness class, with all the classics that we used to lose it to, back in the day. (That includes C:\del*.mp3 – Marco V.)
- Girl On Fire, Inferno Remix – Alicia Keys ft. Nikki Minaj. Yes, (or is it YASSSS?). Just yes. Every single word speaks to me personally. I power through everything.
8. One Dance – Drake. Actually, there is a lot of Drake on my playlist. 0-100, Trophies, I’m Goin’ In and Believe Me ft. Lil Wayne are two more of my faves. Not to mention Forever with Kanye, Eminem, and Lil Wayne.
9. U Don’t Know – Jay Z. If you know me, you know my love for Hov. U Don’t Know amps me every single time. Runners up: Holy Grail, City Is Mine, Can I Live, Sunshine, Takeover, and the list goes on.
10. Get Me Bodied – Beyoncé. For number 10, I jumped to Jay’s woman. There are so many Beyoncé songs that help me kill my cardio. Flawless, Run The World, 7/11, Sorry, and Formation are all runners up in this category.
11. 4 My People – Missy Elliot. Every. Single. Time. I personally love this one for my last mile on my runs.
12. Red Lights – Tiesto. I got hooked on this one two years ago and I doubt I will ever get sick of it.
13. Bad Blood – Taylor Swift ft. Kendrick Lamar. Say what you want. I love Taylor. I love Kendrick. I really love Taylor.
14. This Is What You Came For – Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna. LOVE. This is seriously one of my new favorites. It’s so catchy, so connecting, and so fun. I definitely shake my hips between sets to this one.
15. I Need Your Love – Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding. Another Calvin track! This one is just so much fun and always brings me back to some breezy days in life. It will forever bring a smile to my face and keep me moving.
16. #thatPOWER – Will. I. Am. ft. Justin Bieber. Whatever, I am a Belieber.
17. No Church In The Wild – Kanye West and Jay Z. While I know I said “in no particular order” this track pushes me, throws me, and launches me to give my all every time.
While, of course, there are so many other tracks that I listen to on a daily basis, these are the few that really jump out at me and make me hustle hard in the gym and on the roads while running. There are so many runners up (Steve Aoki – Boneless, Animals – Maroon 5/J Cole and Martin Garrix’ version) that stretch from my man MJ, to Wu Tang, to Nas, to Puff Daddy, Nirvana, Robin Thicke, Linkin Park, Mobb Deep and even Rachel Platten and some country. There are a lot of songs and some artists that most people won’t know, as well, so I will keep those to myself and my iPod.
So there you have it! If anyone has anything that they feel can help me and others to get motivated, you can always drop a line and add your favorites to the list. Hope you enjoyed mine and hopefully you’ll be adding some of these to your Pods soon!
Like what you see? Don’t forget to sign up to receive email notifications and never miss a post!